Well, it is the time of the
year to start thinking about just what you are going to wear to your big holiday events. So I have put together a few tips that will hopefully help take away some of the stress of what you will wear to all of your functions.
1. If you are an emerald green girl this is the season for you! Because emerald green was the Pantone color of the season you should be able to find fabulous dresses and tops in this amazing color. If you have a red or auburn hair, or have green eyes, you should take advantage of this being your lucky year!
2. Because leather is one of the hottest trends this year you will see leather everywhere. I have even started to see it on evening gowns. A fun look may be leather and lace if you are going to a little less formal event.
3. Adding a stunning accessory on top of a simple dress or outfit is always a hit. There are so many amazing statement pieces out there to choose from. Just remember, if it is a true statement piece like the one pictured below you need your other jewelry to be very simple.
4. If you are on the hunt for a dress keep in mind that this season you can push the envelope and go beyond the little black dress. Although a LBD is always appropriate, this is a year there are many delicious colors and patterns to choose from. In fact, I encourage you to not wear a LBD!
5. Please remember if your outfit has sequins or sparkles all over then be mindful of the kind of accessories you wear. Too much bling can kill any outfit! I know this one can be hard as some of us LOVE our bling and sparkle but ladies, trust me on this one!
6. One look that is fun and a little more casual is a metallic or festive tunic over a legging or narrow pant with heels. If the top is simple throw on a fun necklace or scarf and you are all set.
7. And who can forget holiday shoes! This year you will see everything from over the knee boots, to booties, to sexy holiday dress shoes depending on the occasion. Remember, if you feel like you want to keep your outfit on the simple side you can always play up the ensemble with a fun pair of statement shoes or boots.