1. Avoid taking any delicate or pricey fabrics. The last thing you want to worry about is snagging your favorite expensive top. Instead pack fabrics like microfiber, denim, polyester blends, tropical wools, or sturdy knits.
2. Really think carefully before packing white. White can get very dirty, very quickly, so unless you need it for a white party, you are planning to wear it only once, or you will have easy access to laundry, you may want to leave it at home. Packing tops that have prints or texture will camouflage small spills or a little bit of dirt.
3. Make sure that all the shoes you pack have been broken in. The last thing you want to do is go buy new "comfy" shoes for your trip and end up with blisters. Invest in good quality shoes (yes, they do make both cute and comfy) and wear them before your trip. I would take about three pairs of shoes. Your feet will need a break from wearing the same pair daily. AND…we don’t want you to go into shoe withdrawal!
4. Pack clothing that fits you but is not too snug. Most of us like to partake in yummy food while vacationing. If your clothes start out snug imagine what they will feel like at the end of your vacation.
5. Think about taking a capsule of clothing. These are a group of items that can be mixed and matched into multiple outfits. I would also take a dress, one that can be dressed up or dressed down with accessories and shoes. A dress is also good for warmer days and if it gets cool you can add a little sweater or jean jacket. Another must have is a rain resistant light jacket. Keep it in a neutral color and in a fabric that won’t wrinkle. Bring one outfit just in case the weather takes a turn from the weather you are expecting.
6. Finally, avoid packing boring items. Remember, you will be taking pictures and although you may not roll out your best items, you do want to feel good and look cute. PLUS, you don’t want to open your suitcase and feel depressed about the blah clothing staring back at you. Bring inexpensive accessories, prints, textures, or bright colors. Try and have at least one fun element in every outfit!
Don’t stress, if you need help just call! I promise not only will you look fabulous but it will fit in one bag and be less then 50 lbs.